Hello Friends, Today I’m going to tell you about the Central Government Schemes. As you know the Central Government has introduced so many schemes. Some of the schemes helped Indian citizens to improve their financial situation and some of the schemes helped to promote Industrial growth and in return, it helps in the growth of the Indian economy.
So I’m going to tell you about some of the schemes that you must know.
Central Government Schemes in India
 Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana(PMJAY) :
Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) also known as is one of the most popular Central Government Schemes launched by the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi on 23rd September 2018. It is the world’s largest health insurance scheme which is totally financed by the government.
Some of the key features of this scheme are:
- It covers around 50 crores Individuals ( around 11 crore poor or vulnerable entitled families ) which makes this scheme the world largest health insurance scheme.
- Under this scheme, a family can get a cover of Rs 5 lakh per annum for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization across public and private hospitals in India that is enrolled under this scheme.
- Under this scheme, expenses of 3 days of pre-hospitalization and 15 days of post-hospitalization are covered. This includes all medicine and diagnostics expenses.
- There is no restriction on gender or age or family size while getting the benefits from this scheme.
The hospital that comes under this scheme:
Click on this link PMJAY Hospital List and enter details as required and click on search. You will get all the hospital that comes under this scheme.
There is some suspended hospital list also that is provided in the same link.
There are some conditions set by the Government of India to get benefits from this scheme. This condition is based on various factors like family income, occupation, properties owned by that family, etc.
If you want to know whether you are eligible or not for this scheme click on this link Am I Eligible?
You can also contact Ayushman Bharat Yojana call center number “14555” or “1800-111-565” to know more about eligibility criteria.
Till April 2020 around 12.45 crore E-card has been issued and 96.6 Lakh hospital admission and 20,916 hospitals listed under this scheme. (Source: PMJAY Central Government Scheme).
 Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) :
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana was launched by Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on May 1st, 2016 in Ballia, Uttar Pradesh in order to provide LPG connections to women that come under Below Poverty Line (BPL).
In India, Most of the woman who belongs to a family that comes under BPL, uses firewood, coal, dung – cakes, etc. for cooking. And the smoke that comes due to the burning of such fuels will cause some serious respiratory disease and in some cases, it causes to death also.
To safeguard the health of women and children, the Indian Government launched this one of the Central Government Schemes that replaces LPG as primary sources of cooking.
Eligibility Criteria :
The Eligibility Criteria for the applicant to take benefits of this scheme are given below :
- The applicant must be a woman.
- The applicant must have age more than 18 years.
- The applicant belongs to a family that comes under BPL (Below Poverty Line).
- There is no member of that family already having an LPG connection.
How to apply :
- The applicant needs to visit the nearest LPG distributor to apply for a new LPG connection.
- The applicant needs to submit a detailed address, Jandhan Bank Account, and Aadhar number of all members of the household.
- After approval of the application, the connection will be issued to the applicants by Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs).
 Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna (PMJDY) :
PMJDY is also one of the central government schemes that was launched by Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi in August 2014 with the objective of providing all types of banking services to all households in India. The accounts can be opened with zero balance under this scheme. However, if the beneficiary wants to get a checkbook, he/she need to fulfill minimum balance criteria.
Eligibility Criteria :
- Applicants must be a citizen of India.
- The applicant’s age must be above 10 years.
Benefits of PMJDY accounts :
- A beneficiary can get an accidental insurance cover of Rs 2 Lakhs and Rs 30,000 life insurance cover.
- They will get interested in the deposited amount.
- There is no minimum balance required to open or maintain the account under this scheme.
- Those who are taking the benefits of other government schemes will get Direct Benefit Transfer to their accounts.
- A beneficiary can transfer money across the country.
- Overdraft facility up to Rs 10,000 available for only one member of a family (preference given to a woman of that family ) after satisfactory operating of bank accounts for at least 6 months.
 Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY) :
Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana is one of the flagship central government schemes launched by the Government Of India in April 2015. Under this scheme, non-corporate, non-farm small/micro enterprises can take loans up to Rs 10 Lakh based on different criteria.
They can take loans through Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs), Micro Finance Institutions (MFIs), Public as well as Private Sector Banks, Regional Rural Banks (RRBs), State and Urban Co-operative Banks and Foreign Banks.
Types of Mudra Loan :
Mudra Loan can be given to non-corporate, non-farm small/micro enterprises depend on the following categories :
- Sishu: Any business that is not yet started and need financial support to start, come under this category. Under this category, the beneficiary can take up to Rs. 50,000 loan.
- Kishor: Business that is already started but need financial support to run the business comes under this category. Under this category, one can take a loan from Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 5 Lakh.
- Tarun: Business that is already started and well established but wants to expand their business, comes under this category, and can take a loan from Rs. 5 Lakh to Rs. 10 Lakh.
Eligibility Criteria :
Any Entrepreneurs or a group of team that is going to start a business in India or already have a business which is non-corporate and non-farm enterprise can apply for Mudra Loan. They just need to approach to nearest Financial institution or any private or public sector banks that are providing Mudra Loan.
Mudra Card :
After approval of the Mudra loan, borrowers can get a debit card for the transaction process. This debit card is actually a Mudra card which helps borrowers to track the records of transaction and they can withdrawal amount from any ATM or through Mudra Card.
 Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) :
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is a government scheme launched by the Government of India in January 2015 under ‘Beti Bacho, Beti Padhao’ campaign with an aim to fulfill marriage and education expenses of a girl child.
Eligibility Criteria :
- Sukanaya Samriddhi’s account can be opened in the name of a girl child only.
- The account can only be opened if a girl child’s age is less than 10 years.
- The girl child must not hold another sukanaya samriddhi account.
- Only two sukanaya samriddhi accounts can be opened from one family.
Features of SSY :
- With a minimum of Rs. 250 only, one can open an account for any girl child.
- Maximum of Rs. 1.5 Lakh will be deposited in a financial year.
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account can be transferred from one post office to another post office within India.
- The account can be closed only after the girl turns 21. If she wishes not to close the account, the interest will still be earned to her account.
- A beneficiary can withdraw 50% of the total amount of SSY account after she will attain the age of 18 to meet her educational expenses.
 Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana :
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana is one of the flagship scheme by Government Of India under Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) that gives skill development training to Indian youth that help them to get employment.
The main objective of this scheme is to give training to college/school dropout or unemployed or less literate youth that helps to live a better life. The training fees will completely be paid by the Government.
How to apply :
The candidate who wants to apply for the training and assessment program can contact various training centers. You can find the list of training centers by clicking on this link Training Centres and then
Assessments and Certifications :
The candidate who has completed PMKVY training with at least 70% attendance can take the assessments. The assessment can be taken by a third party assessment agency impaneled by the Sector Skill Council (SSC). Those candidates who passed the assessment will get a certificate that will valid across the whole country.
A candidate who failed in the assessment can apply for reassessment within 15 days of declaration of results. The training center will be responsible for the conduct of reassessment within 3 months from the declaration of results.
Candidate can also re-enroll for the same job role or another job role. But there must be 6 months gap between the date of publication of the result of a previous job role and new batch starting date while enrolled for the new job role.
 Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) :
Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana was launched by Hon’ble Prime Minister of India in May 2015. This is basically a one of the central government schemes that provides one-year life insurance scheme that can also be renewed from year to year.
Those who enrolled for this scheme can get a life cover of Rs. 2 lakh for a one year period starting from 1st June of that year to 31st May of next year with just Rs 330 per annum.
This scheme is offered by Life Insurance Corporation and various private life insurance companies. Various banks tie-up with this life insurance company to give benefits of this scheme to their customers.
Eligibility Criteria :
- A person’s age must be between 18 years to 50 years.
- A person must have a savings bank account who give their consent to join and enable auto-debit.
- If the enrolled person has more than one saving account, they can take the benefits of this scheme only from one saving account.
- This central government schemes provides life cover with very low premium rates i.e. Rs 330 which is very low as compared to other life insurance schemes.
- The premium rate is the same for all age groups that are eligible for this scheme.
- Any individual who enrolled for this scheme can exit from this scheme at any point and may re-join this scheme submitting a self-declaration form of good health and paying the annual fees.
This scheme will automatically get closed in the following scenarios
- When the age of an individual is more than 55 years.
- When the individual already enrolled for this scheme from any other saving bank account.
- If the saving bank account fails to maintain a minimum balance.
In this article, I wrote about various Central Government Schemes that directly or indirectly benefits the citizens of India either financially or by improving their standard of living. Some of the schemes give youth an opportunity to improve their skills and some schemes provide life insurance cover with minimum premium. I am listing the central government schemes once again which I have explained over in the article:
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana(PMJAY)
- Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY)
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna (PMJDY)
- Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY)
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY)
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY)
If you have any queries related to these central government schemes, do let me know in the comments section below, I will be ready to help you. Also to read more such articles, do check them out at BharatGlobal. See you in the next article, Vande Matram!